Therapeutic massage for pain management, stress-relief and relaxation.
The Benefits of Regular Massage
Why do you feel great after a massage? The benefits of regular massage can be significant. One theory has it that massage releases toxins. It is a feasible idea. But researchers no longer believe that toxin-release comes into play.
In a new study, researchers asked subjects to cycle until they were exhausted. Each subject then received a leg massage – but for only one leg. Ten minutes after the massage, researchers took muscle tissue samples from each leg.
Protein levels provided evidence that two things were happening:
- The massage reduced inflammation
- Additional energy was generated for muscle healing
This finding fits neatly into a 2007 study. In that trial, massage relieved muscle pain by as much as 50 percent.
The “hands on” approach is a proven winner.
Other benefits of massage:
- Relieves Muscular Tension and Pain
- Improves Circulation and Digestion
- Increases Joint Mobility and ROM
- Improves Posture
- Reduces Blood Pressure
- Strengthens the Immune System
- Reduces Mental and Physical Fatigue and Stress
- Improves Sleep, Concentration and Reduces Anxiety
- Improves Energy and Alertness
- Detoxifies the body by assisting in elimination of metabolic wastes
- Creates an Overall Sense of Well-Being
Massage Therapy can also benefit many chronic conditions such as low back pain, neck pain, TMJ dysfunction, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, thoracic outlet syndrome, fibromyalgia, sciatica, stress/anxiety, migraine/tension headaches, tendonitis and sports injuries. It is also an excellent self care practice to maintaining your total well being.